If you take your child to a childcare centre in the Perth area, you are probably concerned about quality standards. Everyone wants their child to get the best child care possible. Luckily, the Australian Government has established National Quality Standards for child care. We would like to give you a small “refresher course” about what the National Quality Standards mean to you and your child.
In 2012, the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) teamed up with the childhood education sector, state governments and territory governments to establish the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standard.
Early Years Learning Framework for Child Care (EYLF)
The Early Years Learning Framework, known as the EYLF, is based on “Belonging, Being and Becoming.” The purpose of the framework is to help Australian children become active and informed citizens, confident and creative individuals and successful learners. Belonging, Being and Becoming is built upon the principle of play-based learning.
The goal of Belonging, Being and Becoming leads to five outcomes:
- Children develop a strong sense of identity.
- Children feel a connection to the world and are able to contribute to it.
- Children develop a profound sense of wellbeing.
- Children are involved and confident learners.
- Children learn to become effective communicators.
National Quality Standard (NQS)
The National Quality Standard, or NQS, rates childcare centres in seven different areas. These include the following:
- Health and safety of children.
- Educational program and practice.
- Staffing arrangements
- Physical environment
- Relationships with children
- Leadership and service management
- Collaborative partnerships with communities and families.
What it Means to You at Cuddles Childcare Centre
At each Cuddles Childcare Centre, our standards are higher than those set for us by the Government. We have advocated play-based learning for a long time and have always gone out of our way to provide a high standard of child care.
We go to great lengths to ensure that your child is in a safe environment and is provided with every opportunity to learn through play, both in groups and alone.
To learn more, call the Cuddles Childcare Centre closest to you.